Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesdee Boozedee: Night of Joy

This Tuesdee Boozedee, I've decided to take a break from our secret bar tour and write up a great neighborhood spot. I've been going to Night of Joy since it opened (ok, it only opened last summer), at first because it's named after the bar in one of my all-time favorite novels (above). I kept coming back because of the awesome 2nd floor patio and laid-back attitude.

If you've read A Confederacy of Dunces, you may walk in expecting a pitch black, seedy, smoky New Orleans bar with strippers and Jones shuffling around going, "hey!" (as I did...) but it's actually a classy place with just a touch of homey southern decor.

If you're feeling adventurous, try one of the cocktails with ingredients like goji berries, basil, jalapeno... and then, there's the vodka infused with beet and dill. Personally, I don't like it-- the beet and dill come on way too strong for a cocktail, but it's a good thing to try just so you can say you did. Despite the impressive cocktail menu at Night of Joy, this is a place where I tend to stick to whiskey, beer and atmosphere.

Night of Joy
667 Lorimer St
(between Meeker Ave & I-278)
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Neighborhood: Williamsburg - North Side
(718) 388-8693

No comments:

Post a Comment