Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cali Sweets!









Being back in sunny California has been amazing! One of my favorite things I did this trip was of course, EAT. Although NYC is the mecca of delicious food, LA can definitely hold its own. I went on my trip with a few places i knew I HAD to go to. For dessert, Patisserie Chantilly was at the top of my list. It is tucked away in a modest shopping plaza in Lomita. Its no-frills atmosphere makes this small Japanese patisserrie stand out, making it a popular destination for local dessert lovers. (Tip: Make sure you get there early on in the day, because the vanilla cream puffs go fast!) It has been written up in several food magazines and is recognized for its beautiful French desserts with a Japanese touch. One of their signature pastries is the Sesame Cream Puff, which I definitely had to try. Ok... don't judge me. I  tried most of their menu, which included the Choux a la Creme, Choux a la Sesames (vanilla and sesame cream puffs), the Chantilly Fromage- a fancy term for cheesecake, the Creamy Pudding- a Japanese custard pudding that resembles flan, and the Parfait aux Fraises- also known as strawberry shortcake. (I promise you, I did this in two trips and also had help from friends and family with the consumption of them.) Although they were all incredibly delicious, the classic vanilla creme puff took the cake. The best part is, every other dessert will probably look unappetizing to me from now on, so I may be able to excercise a tiny bit of self control! But...probably not. 



2383 Lomita Blvd. #104,
 Lomita, CA 90717

No comments:

Post a Comment